SafeGroup

Pełna wersja: Webroot kupił Prevx'a
Aktualnie przeglądasz uproszczoną wersję forum. Kliknij tutaj, by zobaczyć wersję z pełnym formatowaniem.
1 listopada zarówno Prevx, jak i Webroot ogłosili na swoich stronach, że wspólną decyzją Prevx został przejęty przez Webroot ...informacja ta również znalazła się na wielu forach i portalach i zrobiła niejakie zamieszanie podobne do tego, kiedy całkiem niedawno przecież Online Armor został przejęty przez Emsisoft. Jak ogłoszono we wspólnym komunikacie za decyzją stało m.in.
"Webroot and Prevx share a common vision for revolutionizing what we believe is a market in need of dramatic change," said Dick Williams, CEO at Webroot. "Security vendors have expected customers to buy, install, maintain, and then manage security products that simply cannot keep pace with today''s cybercriminals. Prevx is the leader in cloud-based antivirus protection and behavior-based malware detection, which block threats before they can ever reach a PC or corporate network. This technology, combined with Webroot''s innovations, customer service and support, will make it easy for consumers to stay protected online wherever they go, and easy for businesses to protect their employees and their networks. . (...)
"Today''s cybercrime industry is rife with zero day exploits, social engineering, and sophisticated techniques which make it possible for threats to get past traditional malware detection," said Mel Morris, Prevx founder, and vice president and general manager of Prevx operations at Webroot. "Webroot shares our desire to innovate at a time when our industry has fallen behind in the war against online crime. We also share a commitment to developing a relationship with our customers and making security an experience they enjoy.We are pleased to become a part of Webroot and join forces in leading a revolution in the security industry.(...)
"Webroot has been moving more security off of the desktop and into the cloud in order to deliver better protection as a service to our customers," continued Williams. "Together Webroot and Prevx will deliver on our promise of providing our customers the best security service in the world.We believe this is a seminal event not just for our company but for our industry."

Komunikat Webroot

[Aby zobaczyć linki, zarejestruj się tutaj]

Natomiast Prevx nie jest tak wylewny i komunikat o tym można znaleźć na ich stronie tylko w dziale Press Releases , gdzie wstawiają link do tego artykułu

Dyskusja w temacie na Wildersach...a jakże Smile

Może być ciekawie. Webroot odpuścił wykrywanie na rzecz ochrony, ale nie do końca to wyszło, więc muszą zainwestować.
Do Privacyware dodali Sophosa - z resztą i tak każdy moduł z innej parafii. Co nie zmienia faktu że jadę teraz na Webroocie właśnie.