Windows XP - oficjalne wsparcie anty-malware
Jak powszechnie już chyba wiadomo za niecałe 3 miesiące wygasa oficjalne wsparcie Microsoft dla WinXP...na system ten przestaną być wydawane darmowe i ogólnodostępne aktualizacje systemu i programów MS dedykowane na ten system. Oznaczało to również, że zabraknie aktualizacji sygnatur przede wszystkim na darmowy Microsoft Security Essentialsdla użytkowników indywidualnych (i małych firm do 10 stanowisk). Na MS spadło odium krytyki, które jak widać przyniosło pozytywne skutki...przedwczoraj na oficjalnym blogu poinformowano, że wsparcie zostanie wydłużone jeszcze o ponad rok i zostanie zakończone 15 lipca 2015.
Informacja jest istotna również dla klientów biznesowych, korzystających z pozostałych programów zabezpieczających od MS. Całość oficjalnej informacji poniżej
Cytat: Microsoft antimalware support for Windows XP

msft-mmpc 15 Jan 2014 12:00 PM 16
Microsoft has announced the Windows XP end of support date of April 8, 2014. After this date, Windows XP will no longer be a supported operating system * . To help organizations complete their migrations, Microsoft will continue to provide updates to our antimalware signatures and engine for Windows XP users through July 14, 2015.

This does not affect the end-of-support date of Windows XP, or the supportability of Windows XP for other Microsoft products, which deliver and apply those signatures.

For enterprise customers, this applies to System Center Endpoint Protection, Forefront Client Security, Forefront Endpoint Protection and Windows Intune running on Windows XP. For consumers, this applies to Microsoft Security Essentials.

Our research shows that the effectiveness of antimalware solutions on out-of-support operating systems is limited. Running a well-protected solution starts with using modern software and hardware designed to help protect against today’s threat landscape.

Microsoft recommends best practices to protect your PC such as:

- Using modern software that has advanced security technologies and is supported with regular security updates,
- Regularly applying security updates for all software installed,
- Running up-to-date anti-virus software.
Our goal is to provide great antimalware solutions for our consumer and business customers. We will continue to work with our customers and partners in doing so, and help our customers complete their migrations as Windows XP end of life approaches.

MMPC

* We''ve received some inquiries about what "no longer supported operating system" means. To clarify, this mean that, after April 8, 2014, Windows XP users will no longer receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content updates from Microsoft.

[Aby zobaczyć linki, zarejestruj się tutaj]

"Bezpieczeństwo jest podróżą, a nie celem samym w sobie - to nie jest problem, który można rozwiązać raz na zawsze"
"Zaufanie nie stanowi kontroli, a nadzieja nie jest strategią"
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości